The Ultimate New York Diet was developed by David Kirsch. He has trained celebrities who live fast-paced lives in New York and elsewhere with his Ultimate New York Body Plan system. Now, with his Ultimate New York Diet book and website, he offers his plan, plus faster work-outs, to everyone.
The Ultimate New York Diet is a plan combining nutrition and fitness to promote weight loss, muscle toning, shaping, and increased energy. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of the plan.
7 Advantages of the New York Diet
- Kirsch offers tasteful recipes in his book and on the internet, including a free daily recipe on the homepage. These include Mediterranean Chicken Stir-Fry, Tuna Cobb Salad, Asian BBQ Chicken Kabobs, Spaghetti Squash and various ways to prepare it, and more. Generally, foods are readily available, with moderate preparation skills necessary.
- Suitable meals from chain restaurants, such as Olive Garden, are also included.
- You won’t go hungry on this diet. It includes protein, which is filling and will help you adjust to your new eating habits.
- The original 2-week diet plan starts off with a fitness test. This way you will not be given exercises you can’t handle. If you’re not ready for the regular plan work-outs, Kirsch offers an online tool with pre-plan exercises and a place to journal your progress.
- Mini work-outs are also part of the plan. If you don’t have time to work out 90 minutes as the 14-day plan requires, you can do shorter work-outs in any 10-minute break. Suggestions for home and office work-outs are provided.
- A long-term plan is described in the book, which enables you to not only lose weight to begin with, but also to keep it off and help you make healthy food choices for yourself and your family.
- You can eat anything that does not contain sugar. This includes bacon that is not cured in sugar, beef, most vegetables, and nuts and seeds.
Sample Daily Plan
The following recipes can be found in Kirsch’s book or online.
Breakfast: David’s Breakfast Shake
Lunch: David’s Low-fat Egg Salad and/or Sesame Chicken Fingers
Snack: David’s Energy Boost
Dinner: Herb-crusted Turkey Breast and Spaghetti Squash
Disadvantages of the New York Diet
- You cannot consume the following: alcohol, bread, starchy carbs, dairy, extra sweet things, or fruit. Basically anything that turns to starch or sugar after you eat or drink it, is off limits on The Ultimate New York Diet.
- David Kirsch advocates protein shakes, and these can be extremely expensive for long-term use.
- Like any diet, the restrictions on The Ultimate New York Diet plan may be hard to adjust to, especially with all the processed and even natural sugars that most foods contain.
With its fitness test, nutritional guidelines, healthy exercises, and long-term support, The Ultimate New York Diet program by David Kirsch may be right for you. Remember, however, that it’s important to consult with your regular physician before beginning any diet plan.
David Kirsch is one of the best names you can come across in the field of health and fitness as he is a living embodiment of both, which is why you can find many people following his diet plans and the aforementioned ones are just the tip of the iceberg and not your regular custom keto diet reviews online that are just for consolation purposes.