- Sword (doesn’t matter if sword is just for decor)
- candles (1 for each element +1 black candle)
- incense (preferably a dark colored incense any flavor)
- strip of leather (length of sword)
- bowl full of water (cauldron works)
Begin by cleansing your materials. Give any opening offerings to the Gods of your choice (preferably war Gods). Plot the land where you will work (mandatory outdoor ritual). Light the black candle and keep it burning throughout the ritual. Cast a circle using the sword by drawing the circle around you. Put sword in center of circle. Light the candle that represents Water and say:
In the element of Water I bless this sword to my name (your name here) .
Stretch out the leather and lay it across the sword. Let a few drops of the candle wax drop on the leather. Extinguish the candle. Light the candle for Earth and say:
In the name of the God (God’s name here) I bless this sword of the Earth.
Let some wax drip on the leather. Extinguish the candle. Light the candle for Air and the incense and say: